Friday, June 15, 2007

I've been meaning to write, and been meaning to, and been meaning to... and.... Well, it's been too busy.
I first had an 8 weeks screenprinting class that was late at night, and now work has turned busy as well!!
The printing class was awesome, I am so gratefull I came across this teaching. I was quite sad when it finished, as I have become really addicted.
And I loved the setting. We had access to the printing classroom with the big long printing tables, and all the fabric paint we wanted. The arts from some student was usually drying in the room, it was really great to be in that environment after being stuck in front of a computer all day.

There is an advance class in a few months to learn to do repeative printing, like repetitive patterns on big length of material, and also multicoloured printing.
Might do that...


The piece of work I like the most is this baby blanket I made for one of my really close friend's little girl.
I cut into an old pure wool blanket and printed some butterflies on it.
Here's a glimpse.



I love that it is a recycled piece of wool, and that it is still so soft and nice. I love recycling!!
I hope they like it.

I also printed some random pieces of materials, thinking about bags, little pouches...

Of course now I have to start sewing, as added to that I also scored a whole pile of fabric from a second hand shop a few days ago...




..., and my sewing cupboard is now definately chocker!

No comments: