Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cheaper than opshoping...

...is when I clean my sewing room!
I'm in the middle of sorting out my sewing stuff, as my room is now the baby's room, and he will be sleeping in it in a few months, so I have to find myself a new sewing corner.
And it is amazing how much you can gather in a few years!!



I found all these lovely things in the bottom of a cupboard, and felt so happy, as if I was at the salvation army and just discovered them! I honestly could not remember having all these, which does say a lot on compulsive buying of second hand goods by myself... ahem!
So loads of time was spent patting, rearranging, dreaming on all these "new" founds... and of course not much sorting done!



I have managed to finished a bag and almost completed a second identical one:


I don't usually like to repeat my work, but I enjoyed creating this one, and the sewing part was really enjoyable. I also couldn't decide whether to put it on my shop or to give it to the shop down the road... Hence the twins!
I'm very happy with the result, and if it wasn't for the fact that I am usually seen these days sporting a gigantic nappy bag rather than a cute little tote, I would keep one for myself!

I am still working on the pattern for some trousers for Maxime. I have some lovely linen/cotton fabric that comes from an old dress all ready for it, but I keep revisiting the pattern and adding, rubbing out stuff. I have never made a pettern up before and I am a bit scared of finally throwing myself in the deep end...



...And I have the excuse of spring being here, and walks being compulsory for sanity around here!




Not that I would complain!



Moins cher que la boutique d'occasion: C'est quand je range mes affaires de couture. J'ai retrouve tous ces tissus dans le bas d'un placard. J'etais toute contente, comme si je venais de les trouver dans une boutique. Je ne me rappellais plus du tout que je les avais ce qui donne une indication sur la frenesie avec laquelle j'amasse les tissus!
Du coup apres cette trouvaille, le temps a passe a carresser mes tissus, revasser a ce que j'allais en faire... et les rangements... bof!
J'ai finallement fini mon sac, et j'en ai un deuxieme identique qui est presque fini. Normallement je n'aime pas me repeter, mais j'ai beaucoup aime travailler sur ce design, et je n'arrivais pas non plus a decider si je voulais le mettre dans ma boutique, ou au magasin en bas de la rue. Donc, voila, des jumeaux! J'en aurais bien garde un, mais ces temps ci je sort plutot avec ma "valise" a langes qu'avec un petit sac mignon...soupir...

Je travaille toujours sur un patron de pantalons pour Maxime. J'ai le tissu qu'il faut, lin/cotton (une robe que j'ai trouve en occase...) mais je traine, et n'arrete pas de modifier, ajouter etc au patron.
Le printemps ne m'aide pas non plus a avancer. Ici, la promenade journaliere est obligatoire pour rester saine d'esprit!

Mais je ne m'en plains pas...

No comments: